Find it Here...

06 March 2012

Top Ten Tuesday--With a Story :)


Why is it that when you are running behind, you always get stuck behind super slow people in every single place possible?? Murphy's Law...Ugh.

I woke up too late to do my walking today. I looked at the clock at 10am, didn't think I'd fall back asleep, but when I looked again it was already 11am. I got out of bed (with much effort I may add...it's getting harder to roll myself off the edge!) and showered, then washed the dishes that have accumulated over the past two days. I had a breakfast shake, then got ready to leave the house. I was supposed to meet my sister at 12:45pm at Famous Dave's for lunch...and I was on time leaving...until I remembered that my Jeep's gas level was beyond empty and I HAD to stop in Waterford for gas on my way into Erie. So...I was going to be about 5 minutes late. Until...I got on Flatts Road and caught up to a slow-poke. A slow-poke who sat at the end of Flatts @ 19 and refused to make a left until there were absolutely no cars VISIBLE in either direction. As I was idling there, I was cussing under my breath: "If I run out of gas sitting here waiting for you to turn, Assbag, I am getting out of the Jeep and CHASING YOU DOWN 19 for a ride to the gas station; now EFFING TURN!" Of course, it didn't help any, just brought my blood pressure up a bit. I finally got to Country Fair after what seemed like an eternity of watching my gas gauge slowly dropping ever further below the empty line, and thankfully found a pump open. I went into the store to get a gas card, and found a long line. I was ok with this because I had at least made it to the gas station without needing to call AAA! But, when I was next to be waited on, an old man whom I had passed on my way into the store came back in and cut right in front of me to the next cashier and started arguing with the her about needing a refund. So now my 5 minutes late-for-lunch turned into 10 minutes late-for-lunch. I wanted to say, "Um, excuse me, SIR, there is a line here, TAKE YOUR TURN," but I refrained...I didn't want to start my day off badgering an old man (thanks pregnancy horomones, you make me nicer to people). I finally got my gas card, but of course the pumps were running slower than molasses. 10 minutes late-for-lunch is now 12 minutes late-for-lumch. I pull out of Country Fair with no problems (halleluljah!) and just outside of Waterford catch up to a man driving a white Dodge Ram having an argument with himself in the cab of his truck...but more importantly driving erratically and SLOWLY. 12 minutes turns into 15 minutes. One of his selves doesn't like that I am following him closely (waiting for a moment to pass him safely) so he pulls over onto the berm, and as I pass him he shakes his fist out the window, flips me off, and then tries to catch up with me. **SIGH**. He doesn't succeed...and the rest of the traffic is flowing smoothly, so I end up being 15 minutes late-for-lunch.



Now, I'd never been to Famous Dave's before. But I do know I will go back again! The ribs and brisket were fantastic, Kelly's pulled pork sandwich looked amazing (she said it was), and our server, Andrew, was very helpful and efficient and kind. So it was a very good experience! :)

My mom gave me a present today for the baby (Kelly delivered it to me at lunch). It is a memory scrapbook / baby record book. It includes an ink pad kit to put baby's footprint and handprint in the first few pages. It's adorable and made me happy to look at...then I was crying at my desk in front of the kids doing homework (I opened it in my office, silly me). YAY horomones! Ugh. But I can't wait to get home and work on parts of it that can be done now ("about Mommy and Daddy" parts).

Now...today's Top Ten:

My Top Ten Murphy's Laws
1. When you are running late, you will be slowed down in every possible way en route to your destination.
2. Household animals become sick and require more attention at the most inopportune times.
3. Bills are due on the weeks following a non-payday Friday.
4. Things you cannot live without (vehicles, hot water tanks, washers, etc.) break when you come into some money you plan on using for something fun.
5. The "faster" traffic lane always come to a stand-still when you switch to that lane, and the other lane starts moving.
6. Anytime you put an item in a "safe place", that item will never be seen again.
7. Your best golf shots always occur when playing alone.
8. Whenever you cut your fingernails, you will find a need for them an hour later.
9. After you buy a replacement for something you lost and searched for everywhere, you will find the original.
10. When your vehicle is making "a strange noise", it will not make that noise when in the presence of your mechanic.

No comments:

Post a Comment