Find it Here...

19 March 2012

Too Busy for the Holiday--Weekend Wrap-Up

The weekend went by too quickly.

Does a weekend ever really last the appropriate amount of time??

This is the first St. Patrick's Day in the past 10 years that I have failed to partake in festivities. We had intentions of going out later in the evening, and I was going to dress up in green and have a green drink of some sort (non-alcoholic of course) and drive my drunk husband home at the end of the night...but that never happened. And it wasn't my fault!

Saturday I woke up and straightened up the house a little bit. I opened some windows and let the warm fresh air in, and started some laundry to hang on the line. Josh was outside in the barn working on making it into our house. I wanted to enjoy the sunshine and fresh air some myself, so I decided to tackle cleaning Hector the Jeep. He's been in need of a cleaning for a while, and I just haven't got around to it. And I guess for good reason--it took me the better part of 4 hours to get it done, and that was just the inside! He got vacuumed, windows polished, Armor-All on all surfaces, and all the upholstery was scrubbed and areas deep-treated as needed. He also got cleaned out, as in all the junk that was accumulating in the back seat was put back in its rightful place in the house. I then attempted to put a new JEEP sticker on the back window...which is not something I should have tried alone. I was doing alright until one letter permenantly stuck prematurely...and it went downhill from there. I rubbed all the letter on, and then immediately peeled all of them off and into the trash can. Glad I wasted $40 on that...grr.
But when I was done I went inside and ate some left overs and fell asleep on the couch for a bit. When I woke up I had to kick/roll myself off the couch to get up, and realized my entire back was damn-near seized up. I tried stretching, but no matter how I moved it felt on the verge of cramping! So I drank a ton of water, and waited for Josh to come in for dinner. My wait turned into more waiting, but I figured he'd be in soon as he told me the night before that he wanted to go to Lakeside around 10pm. At 9:30 he still wasn't in...then 10 passed...10:30...and even 11! He still didn't come inside, but I could hear him pounding and sawing out in the barn/house, so I knew he was alright. At 11 my ambition to get dressed and leave the house had all but left. He finally came in around 11:45pm...with no intentions of leaving the house himself. So we watched Saturday Night Live and went to bed, having not celebrated the holiday at all. If that's not a sign of growing old, I'm not quite sure what is! I'm just sad that we missed the 3 awesome bands that played there, since they are definitely 3 of our favorites!!! Next time, Dekan, next time! :)
Sunday brought more sunshine and beautiful weather, so more open windows and more laundry got hung on the line to dry. I also decided to tackle cleaning my stove. Now, we live in a trailer made in 1973ish, and the stove is from the same year I'm pretty sure. The people who lived there previously, at any point, were not the cleanliest...and the stovetop proves that. I have tried almost everything in the past to get it spotless, but it just isn't possible. Sunday was no exception. I took the grates and drip pans off from the burners, cleaned under it all, and still couldn't get all the grime off. Some of it is just burned on so bad...but I got most of it cleaned after an hour of scrubbing. The rest of the stove cleaned up much easier with some 409! I put the drip pans and grates in a bleach/water/dish detergent mixture to soak, and then took some Comet and a scotch scrubbie to them after the stove was done. Hell. It took me 2 hours of scrubbing to get the drip pans MOSTLY clean (again some stuff is just burnt on too badly, and always has been since I've been cleaning them for the past 5 years), and the grates, are, just, gross. I tried...but all the build-up just won't come off! I need to soak them in something stronger, but I do not know if that would be safe for me and baby right now...so I'll wait.
I had intentions of cleaning more, but after all the scrubbing and vacuuming I had done, I decided not to push it further and just rest some. So that's what I did. The rest of the crap is still there, waiting to be done...but it can wait. :)

This week I am going to start a posted list (visible to myself and Josh) of household chores to complete daily, as well as a list of other things I want to accomplish by the end of the day. I love lists, and I absolutely love crossing things off of lists! I'll keep you posted on how this works out for me...nothing else has worked so far. :/ I hope that being visibly accountable to myself and my husband will help out. It'll also look like I actually do something instead of just sit around all day until I go to work, or sit around all night when I get home from work! :)

For Baby Boy Fiske news: he moves nonstop now. He plays "knock knock" and moves around when you poke my belly. His movements are very powerful (and painful at times) and you can see them through my shirt. He often pauses in positions that make parts of my stomach very firm to the touch, and it's fun to lightly push back and have him push even harder. :) We are down to 4 names on our name list now...soon he will have a name!!! I can't wait to call him by name. :) And my 1 hour blood glucose test came back normal, thank goodness! I was a bit worried because of how thirsty I am ALL THE TIME, but I guess I'm just thirsty!

New day, new week, let's do this! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment