Find it Here...

23 March 2012

Baby Update 3.23.12

I had a 2 week follow up appointment today with the OB/GYN office. The past four appointments I have been to have been with a doctor other than my regular doctor. Though they are all nice and I feel comfortable with them all, I really do kinda miss my regular doctor! Luckily, the check-out clerk asked me who I wanted to see next time, and I was able to request him and get scheduled with him! :)

As for me and Baby Boy, we are doing very well! My blood pressure is still low: 122/68 today, Baby's heartrate is "a happy 150 in there", and he is moving and rolling around very well (the doctor had to chase him for a minute to get a steady heartbeat). My tummy now measures at 30 inches, and tomorrow is 30 weeks, so it's perfect according to the doctor!

One more big thing, well, at least it was big for me--I've actually lost 4 pounds since my last visit 2 weeks ago! I am still eating the same amount of the same things, and eating any time I am hungry, and I gained the 2 inches on my tummy so Baby is still growing, but I have ramped up my walking and physical fitness and it's working! I know I've gained some firmness and lost some of the flab off of my thighs and butt--good places to lose the pounds from! And it's helping keep my blood pressure under control and the swelling to a minimum, and keeping my left leg feeling SO GOOD when I thought I'd be having lots of issues with it! But, knock on wood, so far so good!

As my good friend Brandy says--it's all training for the marathon that's coming in 10 weeks: Labor! So not only does the walking feel good, it's doing my body good, and getting me ready physically for when Baby Boy decides to make his appearance to the world. I'd have to say, with incentives like that, I'll keep up my walking routine till I'm no longer able to! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment