Find it Here...

09 March 2012

Baby Boy Fiske Update 3.09.12

Baby Boy Fiske is doing well!
His heartbeat is a strong 150 beats per minute, my belly is now measuring 28", and I now have gained 21 lbs since becoming pregnant (10 of which were in the past month!). My blood pressure is remaining even -- today at 118/72. I'm very happy with that, as I worried that I would have problems with it because of my past issues with my veins, but so far so good!!
I took the Glucola test today, and will await results early next week...the only issue I've been having lately is extreme thirst, which I know can be a sign of diabetes. But there have been no other signs, and I only crave water to satisfy my thirst (nothing sugary or anything)...so I'm hopeful that the blood results will be good! Fingers crossed! The orange drink was...interesting. It didn't taste as horrible as I thought it would, just kinda like syrupy orange Hi-C, but it was the fact I had to chug it in 3-5 minutes that did me in. I woke up a little late, but made sure I ate some cereal and two mini banana nut muffins and had two large glasses of water prior to the time I had to start the Glucola drink. That left almost no room in my stomach to put that drink! But the water I drank was necessary as I knew I'd be asked for a urine sample at the office and I could not drink anything until I got to the office and had my blood drawn...so I had to hydrate sometime!
My next appointment is in 2 weeks...I had been going every 4 weeks...I'm hoping that this is normal? Maybe because I am now in my 3rd trimester the office visits become more frequent. I'm not sure, but it's alright because I love hearing his heartbeat. I hope I get another sonogram soon, because I'd love to look at his face again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment