Find it Here...

21 March 2012

Pregnant Workout 3.21.12

Walked at work on my half hour break.

Time: 23 minutes 17 seconds
Dist: 1.56 miles

Today's walk reminded me of running track in high school. The back part of the 1/2 mile loop I walk had a strong headwind...much like the back part of the track at FLB often had when I was running a 400m race. Ah...memories. I miss high school sports. I DO NOT miss high school in general though. You couldn't make me relive it. :)

This half hour break that I have is between 5:00pm and 5:30pm. At this time, the library is closed and the kids go to the YMCA Kids Club and have dinner. They are welcome back up to the library at 5:30. I am amazed each week how many kids (kindergarden age and older) who cannot tell the time and come back up at 5:10 and are upset when I tell them they must leave. I NEED MY BREAK! When I go for my walks now, I close and lock the door and take my keys with me. Today when I passed the library after my second lap (starting my third) I was met by 3 girls who wanted to do the day's art project RIGHT NOW. I spoke over them (as best I could, I was a little winded) and said "LIBRARY IS CLOSED FOR 15 MORE MINUTES" and kept walking. They started yelling after me, and one asked "You're walking? Why are you walking?" and I yelled back "Because I can't RUN!" The same girls, plus two more, met me when I was most of the way back around and almost done--"How much more time now?" and "Are you exercising?" to which I replied "5 minutes, there is no more art today because I put the supplies away, but storytime is available in 5 minutes" and "No, no I'm not".

The library is now open, and those girls are no where in sight. :)

Also, on my first lap around, one of the Kids Club regulars named Jaheem was riding his bike near his house, and a kid across the street was playing with a ball. I walked by Jaheem, who came around a corner behind me and started to cross the street. I THOUGHT he said "What up Bitch", and was about to turn around and say "EXCUSE ME??" when the kid across the street said "Hey Heem". I then realized the other kid's name is Ishmael...he'd said "What up Ish". LOL. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment