Find it Here...

05 March 2012

First Weekend of March



This past weekend Josh and I actually left our house to go see some friends! It was very nice both to get out of the house for an evening and to see some people we haven't seen in quite a while. Jeana and Gary had a little potluck get-together at their home in Edinboro, and I got Josh to actually leave the house-building for an evening. I woke up Saturday and evaluated the ingredients situation in the house to see what I could possibly put together for a dish to take. I landed on dessert (my personal favorite at this point) and a dish I happened across that morning on Pinterest: Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars (see pics below). They were pretty easy to make, but did take a better part of my day to complete due to baking time differences between the recipe and my oven's baking tendencies. But they turned out to be incredibly amazing, if I do say so myself! I think everyone at the party liked them too. :)

Josh had a good time, taking full advantage of his built-in Designated Driver. I certainly do not mind, and it's not that he drinks heavily all the time anymore. In fact, since we found out about my pregnancy, he hasn't had much beer in the house at all, and we do not go out to the bars anymore because we just don't have the time to. He doesn't even order beer when we go out to dinner anywhere anymore. So the very rare times we do go out, I'm happy to see him having a good time and having a few drinks. Well, usually a FEW drinks...when he's with Gary, the two of them drink a lot more than usual. Josh had some beer that he brought with him, then Gary pulled out his good smokey single malt whiskey, and he and Josh drank small glasses of that for much of the night. While they were doing that, Jeana and Eileen were rubbing and pushing on my belly, talking to the baby, trying to feel him move. He obliged a few times, but I think he was being shy around all the unfamiliar voices. :)

We finally left when Josh and Gary were falling asleep on the couch, having finished a final game of darts and final glass of whiskey. Both were pretty tipsy and content, but it was 1:30am and time to go home. We got home safe and sound, and went to bed...and Josh snored heavily all night. I could not fall asleep for the life of me, but not because of his snoring (I'm so used to it I fall asleep despite the snoring anytime)...I've recently been having very bad back pain, which seems to get worse at night, and I get spasms when I'm trying to relax to sleep. It sucks.

Sunday was laundry and cleaning day...but only the laundry got done. I woke up late because I hadn't fallen asleep until maybe 4am, but started the laundry right away. About 5 loads of our clothes got washed, and simultaneously a half a plate full of Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars got devoured (I ate one or two each time I passed through the kitchen...oops). Instead of cleaning, I took care of our dogs: all 5 got their nails cut, Elin got brushed and fluffed out, and Daphne got brushed and her puffy clumpy-shedding butt got declumped and slicked down. Elin liked the grooming, Daphne did NOT. But thanks to Josh's help, it got done! Then I washed all the dogs' bedding, and then it was bed time. Or, time for more back pain and spasms....sigh.

I'm hoping for a good week this week! So far, today's been alright...I just have a salty attitude because I didn't sleep well again. I woke up in time to get in my daily walk, showered, ate some breakfast, played around with the pups before I left, and took an Avon order to my Aunt Linda on my way into work. On my way into Erie, I realized I left my purse at home when I reached for it to get my chapstick. Then my gas light came on. I hope I can make it home alright...I should be able to. Grr. Just added to the salty attitude...as do my chapped lips that hurt real bad! :)

My Yummy Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars:

No comments:

Post a Comment