Find it Here...

20 March 2012

Happy Spring!



Happy First Day of Spring!

This day means a FREE regular ice at Rita's Italian Ice!! I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE Rita's! The Swedish Fish Gelati is my all-time favorite, but I'll take any free ice on this great day! I opted for Blue Raspberry today as Swedish Fish was not available. SO GOOD!

I have a job interview tomorrow, and I'm a little nervous about it. It's at the Regional Cancer Center, and I've heard both good and bad things about employment there. The facility is wonderful for the patients, but seems to be so-so for newly employed people. I'm putting all these thoughts in the back of my head for now. I'll give it a whirl, see how the interview goes, see how I personally feel while I am there, and just go from there! I'm also nervous about the interview as I am very much visibly pregnant at this point. No matter what I wear, it will be very noticable that I am indeed expecting to pop out a newborn soon. I know that places cannot ask me about being pregnant, and they cannot NOT hire me due to pregnancy, but they can smudge around that and say "She's just not a good fit here". So, plenty to be nervous about! *Sigh*
The job opening is "temporary" at this point. I'd be employed through Adecco (who I sent my resume to in January and interviewed with last week and filled out all the proper paperwork), and Shelby told me that this job could possibly be "temporary to hire" for the right person. She seems to think I'm the right person! If this one falls through, apparently I have a stack of potential job openings I am suited for. (The computer spit out matches for me after I took and aced the online tests.) So maybe sometime in the very near future I can find a grown-up job at a nice office that will be understanding of my "situation", that will hire me on and teach me the job and have it waiting for me when I am ready to return after maternity leave. I can wish and hope, right?? :)

I just know that I need to get out of this job and into a full-time job that offers benefits. I know Adecco will help me out with this, and Shelby made me feel very confident that they will be able to place me with a good employer. I can't keep this job after the baby comes--the pay is not enough to justify the drive in each and every day. I'd have to pay childcare and gas, and after those are taken out of the paycheck, I'd be left with MAYBE $50. So not worth it. Right now it is paying most of my bills, and it gets me out of the house, so I am grateful for it at this point, but it will not sustain me monetarily and mentally after Baby Boy is here. I need something else!!

So cheers to Spring being here! The season of new growth and new beginnings! And cheers to the possibility of a new beginning for me!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment