Find it Here...

09 May 2011

Miscellany Monday




Our good friends Brandon, Mike, and Brian of Small Town Rollers play there each month on the first Friday evening, beginning at 6pm. It's a great place, with fantastic beer, and awesome music! I suggest everyone head down sometime!

--SECOND--

This was the first really nice weekend of the spring, and I spent the first day in bed! Literally, all day Saturday I was in bed with a migraine, double vision, nausea, and chills. I never did vomit or have diarrhea, thank goodness, but I slept until 5pm, and when I finally got up I went straight to the couch! So my Saturday was a fail! At least it wasn't self-inflicted...those days are past! :-)

--THIRD--



As a result of the major fail of my Saturday and only being able to make it to my couch, I did end up watching the NASCAR race--Darlington 500. And, as I had slept all day long, I was able to watch the race in it's entirety---up through midnight. AND consequently--falling in love with Kevin Harvick! I hope he landed a punch or two to Kyle Busch's face. I loathe Busch...GO HARVICK!!!! (His wife is feisty too...maybe she got to bitch-slap Kyle!)




--FOURTH--

Fabulous Mother's Day!! Started out early with the hubby mowing some of the lawn (first haircut for the lawn this year! woo hoo!) and me getting some laundry done. Then it was off to Bertrand's Bistro for brunch with the family! Kelly was finally able to make it to a Mother's Day festivity with our Mama! The brunch was fantastic, as always! My Dad really seemed to enjoy it, and he's picky to please, so that was awesome! My silly mother, though, paid for the entire thing, only letting us leave the tip. She's sneaky, so we didn't stand a chance. Boo!
After that, Josh and I went to Select Specialty Hospital to visit his mother. She's been fighting to get better since just after our wedding (so almost 6 months now). She has good and bad days, but yesterday seemed like a good one! When we got there, she had just got her lunch, and it looked kinda miserable, so we asked if she would like anything else. She decided on Wendy's, so we went and got her a bacon cheeseburger and fries. She ate the fries down quickly and was looking forward to the burger after the nurse re-heated it. It was good to see her eat something at least! (She's been battling with eating anything solid for a while...).
Then it was to PetSmart to price some outdoor kennels and electric fencing for the fuzzy children, and home to finish up the front yard mowing. I played ball with the dogs while Josh mowed, then we planted two oak trees in the backyard before calling it a night. We ate some dinner and cuddled up on the couch to watch Animation Domination on Fox. (Our favorite way to end a weekend!)

No comments:

Post a Comment