Find it Here...

30 April 2012

Pregnant Workout 4.30.12


Walked at work on my half hour break.

Time: 26 minutes 28 seconds
Dist: 1.56 miles


It's time to get this back on track, as in more than just once a week. Three times a would be ideal, if not four. So, let's do this!!
Today I felt very slow and sluggish. The lack of sleep is quickly catching up to me in all aspects of my life, and I just feel like the life has been sucked out of me. However, it does not seem to be affecting Baby J at all--he's kicking up a storm and rolling around in his own little jungle gym in my belly. :)
I had the company of 3 of the young kids on my walk today. I was 2/3 of the way done, and the kids were hanging out on my library stoop waiting for me to answer the door. I laughed and said I had 10 more minutes till I opened the library again, and one more lap to walk, and they could join me if they wanted to. I told them if they finished they would receive a star and a snack (they collect stars for various activities and actions which translates into a monetary amount for them to spend at Wal-Mart at the end of a school quarter). So they gladly joined. They ran ahead of me, ran back to walk with me, ran on ahead again, and seemed to have fun. (A different staff member ran a "Running Club" with the kids this spring, but she was doing an internship and has since left, so the kids missed doing that.) If I could have run with them, I would have. :) I miss running.
My time was a bit slower than I'd like, but it has been a while since I walked...and I haven't been doing it very regularly either. Hopefully this week will get me back into a regular pattern of walking! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment