Find it Here...

06 April 2012

Baby Update 4.06.12

I had a 2 week check up today, and actually got to see my doctor!
Baby J is doing well...I guess you could perhaps say a little TOO well! He's huge! I am just at 32 weeks right now, and his head and torso size are measuring at a 36 week baby size! He's weighing in at 4 lb 14 oz and is quite a happy little camper in there. My fluid levels are very good, which was the reason for the sonogram in the first place. It was awesome to see little Baby J again...it had been awhile since my last sonogram, and man has he grown since that last time! When I saw the doctor, he said that it's a very good sign that he is on the big side: usually they are worried about a small, undernurished baby with women who have Factor V and are on Lovenox. Something about having an insufficient placenta and poor flow through the umbilical cord...however I do not seem to be having that problem! (And I got to see the flow through the umbilical cord on the sonogram in color...it was pretty awesome to see!) My other vital stats: BP 110/68, 200 lbs, belly measures 32cm (which Doc said is a little big and explains the baby's big size). I now have weekly visits to the doctor's office - every week I get a sonogram and non-stress test, and every other week I will also see the doctor. This is again due to my Factor V condition and the Lovenox I take daily, and to monitor Baby J's growth and comfort inside my belly. A bit of a nuisance, yes, but we need to be sure that he's happy and safe and that I remain happy and safe as well! So no problem at all. :)
The only bit of bad news of the day actually has nothing to do with the baby: I asked if I would be permitted to travel to Oklahoma in May for a good friend's wedding. Doc said that the AMA answer is no, after 36 weeks pregnant women are to stay within 2.5 hours of home and not travel extensively. He then said that there was no way he could MAKE me stay at home, but there was no way he could guarantee me that I would not go into labor at that time or have any other kind of emergency that would send me searching for a hospital. Sigh. Looks like my trip to Oklahoma isn't going to happen now afterall. :( No real shock there, I didn't expect him to say yes. After all, that weekend will put me at 37 weeks pregnancy...that is awfully close, no need to push the envelope.
I just hope he stays in as long as possible...the house work is coming along nicely, but it would be great to have a nursery complete and be mostly settled into the house before he comes into this world!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment