Find it Here...

14 December 2012

Crafting: clothespin Christmas card wreath

Every Thursday since August, Jett and I spend the day with my sister, Kelly, and my mom, "Grammy". For 16 weeks, Kelly and I took cake decorating classes at Michael's craft store. Since December started, we've been doing shopping and crafting while Jett hangs out with his Grammy and Grampy. It's a nice time for me to get adult time with my sister (debatable on how adult we are, lol), and get a moment or two away from Jett! (I know I'm not a bad mom here...every mom needs a moment or two away...I like that I start to miss my baby boy after an hour or two, and that I got to be with an adult for a little bit minus a baby. It's healthy!)
Today we did a small amount of shopping (mostly household needs and our parents lay-away gift...shhh!), then went home with some craft beers for some crafting! Kelly stained a rocking chair for Jett, then we did some "v" shaped footprint pages of Jett's feet. It took three of us to accomplish this--me, Kelly, and my mom--but it got done...and no one else knew exactly what it was for...so neither of them knew they were helping with a future-finished-christmas-present! Woohoo! While there, I got Kelly to help me with a Pinterest project: a clothespin Christmas card wreath. We used an old clothes hanger, 50 clothespins, 25 beads, 2 bells, and a gold bow I had left over from a wreath. I spray painted the clothespins--26 green, 24 silver--and alternated them on the straightened hanger (threaded through the spring on the clothespin) by 2 green, one bead, 2 silver, one bead, 2 green, etc...until all were hung upon the hanger. Then I found the middle (counted out 25 clothespins) and hung the bells in the bottom middle of the wreath, secured the top by entwining the ends of the hanger, and attached the bow over the top where the hanger ends were entwined. Now I can hang it on the wall and hang up all the lovely Christmas cards that find their ways to our home! I think it's cute, practical, and lovely!!
I will post a picture tomorrow once it gets hung up with a few cards! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment