Find it Here...

21 March 2011

Fill in the Blank Friday...on Monday!

So I haven't been keeping up with this blog of mine as much as I really hoped to initially. It's a bit disappointing to me, since I am sure no one has even read this at all yet. :-(

But, I do occasionally look around at some friend's blogs, and came across this "fun weekly challenge" via my wedding photographer, Heather Neckers. She had it in amongst her photography updates, and I thought it would be a good way to keep up with my own blog here, and maybe make me get on here at least once a week!

So here goes the first edition of "Fill in the Blank Friday!" but I am going to jump the gun a bit and fill the first one in on a Monday!! I'm just too excited to start this up! :-)

1. The best deal I’ve ever gotten is a round of golf for two with cart rental to Whispering Woods Golf Club for $49. It usually costs $104! Thank goodness for Groupon! It just allowed me to get a round of golf for me and Hubby this summer to a course we really want to try out! And it's supposed to be one awesome course...I can't wait for the weather to break and the courses to open up! Yay!
2. If I were hosting a dinner party and could invite people from my fantasy guest list it would include my G'Ma and G'Pa Fuhrer (who are deceased, but if they could come back for a dinner with me I would absolutely do that and come up with a list of things I always wanted to know but never had the chance to ask before they were gone), Emmett Smith and Thurman Thomas (my favorite football players of all time!), Toby Keith (love his songs, I'd ask him to sing for me and my friends!), Jon Stewart (he is funny and very intelligent), Dane Cook (my favorite comedian), and Bill Clinton (he is such an influential, charismatic, powerful figure, and I would love the chance to talk to him about so many different topics).
3. Something that inspires me is music and nature. Definitely two of my favorite things. A beautiful song, and a beautiful scene are enough to stop my heart and move me to tears. The sheer beauty of both things just takes my breath away. I definitely love music, and it relates to so many different aspects of my life, both good and bad and otherwise. I could not live in a world without music. I listen to it constantly! And the beauty of nature is just...natural. It's serene, surreal, breathtaking, awestriking, amazing. Each sunset, sunrise, each leaf, each insect, each feather, flower...just look around you...it's all there for you to enjoy. Sigh... :-)
4. If I could only choose to eat one flavor of food for the rest of eternity (sweet, salty, spicy, bitter….) I'd have to go with salty. I find myself craving salty more often than anything else. I like to eat salt off of sourdough pretzels, and could care less if I actually eat the darn pretzel! I even prefer to wait for the end of the bag and eat the remnants so I can add more salt to them from the bottom of the bag. And I've always been that way...I used to do that as a child!
5. I dream about so many things...my dreams have been so vivid for the past two years that I sometimes have problems differentiating between my dreams and reality and have many instances of deja vu, or don't tell Josh things because I thought I already had the conversation with him! But my "big dream" right now is our new house...Josh has been working on it for a long time now. Our wedding put most progress on hold all of last year, but he's been working on it this year so far. I can't wait for it to be done. I can't wait to be out of our trailer, I can't wait to decorate "our house", I can't wait to pick out paints and furniture and flooring and countertops! I can't wait to move all our stuff in there! I CANNOT WAIT!!!
6. My weekend will be spent...I am not sure yet! It's too far away for me to even try to predict! My past weekend was spent watching all 3 games of the 2011 NCAA Women's Frozen Four with my mom, sissy, and Josh (which was a lot of fun even though Cornell didn't make it past Friday's game...at least BU lost (Screw BU!)), cleaning the house (mostly laundry and the kitchen so far), and dinner at Texas Roadhouse on Sunday night. It was a tad busy, but it was a good weekend overall!
7. If I could only watch one movie or TV show for the rest of my life it would be Modern Family or Family Guy or Dead Like Me. All 3 shows crack me up like none other, for very different reasons and different forms of humor. This, of course, is assuming that I could be allowed to have access to the news somehow, because I must watch both the local and the world news every day possible. Or read up on it on the internet. I absolutely hate hate HATE not knowing what is going on in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment